Saturday, August 30, 2008

Take flight, baby! (And Saturday Scraps Challenge LASSC03)




Can anyone guess where I got the inspiration for this project?! Seriously - can anyone?! ;-)

As soon as I saw the cover for SU's 2008 Fall/Winter catalog I started dreaming about my own version of a similar 3d project. In fact, I've got a very large white butterfly hanging above my work space that I free-handed (kindergarten style - fold card stock in half, drew half of butterfly on one side and cut it out. that first one was a bit rough and crude looking - but it was a start!). During the week of Convention I just had to play with this idea and the cute lil' butterfly has been calling my name every so often ... so while she still hangs there for inspiration.

Well, I couldn't sleep this morning - so I was up around 4 am. And finally all of the rest of the details came together. I've had this World Market frame sitting in my "unloved frames" pile for quite a while now. And how perfect was it for THIS project?! I will proudly display my work of art in the kitchen next to the beautiful flowers my hubby brought home for me yesterday. It's going to be a great weekend - and I'm kicking it off in high style! So, let's TAKE FLIGHT baby!

The gloss on the butterfly? Another display of my new FAV shiny-shine technique (yeah, that's my own name for the technique - ROFL!)... I dry embossed (with my buddy the Cuttlebug) and then stamped the whole image w/ a Versamark pad and covered w/ clear embossing powder. Warm up that heat gun, and voila!

You may also notice I used SCRAPS to finish off this project... so this is my post for my Saturday Scraps challenge. Again, no rules for this challenge - no time frame either .... just hoping to inspire at least oen persion to make a quick project from some scraps sitting on the table top! So, go use 'em and leave me a comment w/ a link to what you made! (If you are posting a pic on Splitcoast use keyword LASSC03.)

Details, details...
Stamp set: Spring Solitude
Colors: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze
Other: Blooms Again die cuts, very vanilla 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, white embossing powder, Cuttlebug / Textile Texture and Swiss Dots embossing folders, art wire and non-SU jewel embellishments.

1 comment:

Soguesswhat11 said...

OH MY GOSH, this is GORGEOUS!!! I'd never in a million years guess you made this from your scraps. AMAZING, girlie!!!!

Blog Archive