Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Faux Crayolas - sorry Crayola and Staonal!






And no, it's not a new technique. It's a gag gift (sorry Crayola and Staonal - but you really should be flattered) for a co-worker. We have a year-end process at my "day job" with a strict deadline - and if people don't meet that deadline we have to reject their requests. This policy-driven, procedure-abiding co-worker keeps insisting he's going to, and I quote here, "write in red crayon 'REJECTED' on a fax cover sheet and fax back to the submitting firm if they miss the deadline"...

So, of course I had to put something fun together for him - and of course I had to use SU supplies to do it! I searched high and low for some over-sized red crayons. Who knew construction sites needed to use waterproof red crayons?! Hmph! I found these crayons (in boxes of 8) at a rather decent price. So, today I peeled the old labels off each individual crayon, put my own personalized label on (for said co-worker), and made an over-sized box to hold 24 of these huge crayons.

Yeah - this is a little bit of the ol' practical joker coming out! You shouldn't be surprised - you knew she was in there...

Details, details...
Colors: Summer Sun, Garden Green, Handsome Hunter and Real Red
Other: Cuttlebug / Nestabilities scallop dies, Sizzix Serif alpha die, number stamps

3 comments:

Soguesswhat11 said...

That is HILARIOUS!! I love it! And yep, I knew that practical joker was in there, and how stinkin' cute and thoughtful are you?? I bet he was totally impressed!

Anonymous said...

Lover these Rejectola crayons! Great joke for your co-worker, I'm sure it will be a hit! Very funny and cute too.
Thanks Lori, for stopping by my blog, and for your kind words!
smiles,Deena

UrgentCookie said...

This is so cute! What a great idea. Looks like you worked it out perfectly! :0)

Blog Archive