Tuesday, August 19, 2008

happy fall colors!







I know the first day of Fall isn't technically until Sept 22nd... but here's how I figure it... if Michael's can have CHRISTMAS stuff on their shelves already, then I can get out my fall decorations! Hmph! So, thus I did. I lit up my Fall Foliage candle ... I got out the Pumpkin Spice scented tarts... I made my award-winning white chili for dinner last night... and the candy corn has taken up residence on every flat surface in the house.

And if I'm going to go to all of that work to welcome in the brisk morning breezes, the cooler evenings, and everything else that ensues… then of course I must find a way to bring out the creative side of Fall as well.

Since Fall is my FAV of the 4 seasons... the first stamp set that came to mind was "Happy Everything"... I made two cards....

And here I'd like to highlight that the round scallop is actually a foam pad (Michael’s)... I ran it through my Cuttlebug along w/ a Nestabilities scallop die and voila! Yes, it's that easy. So, here's the rest of the...

Details, details... (card #1)
Stamp set: Happy Everything and Stems & Silhouettes jumbo wheel
Colors: Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, Really Rust, Sage Shadow, Basic Brown and Very Vanilla
Other: ticket corner punch, foam pad, satin ribbon, blender pens, stampin’ dimensional and Cuttlebug / Nestabilities scallop die

Details, details... (card #2)
Stamp set: Holidayss & Wishes and Stems & Silhouettes jumbo wheel
Colors: Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, Really Rust, Sage Shadow, Basic Brown and Very Vanilla
Other: ticket corner punch, foam pad, 5/8” chocolate grosgrain ribbon, blender pens, stampin’ dimensionals and Cuttlebug / Nestabilities scallop die

No comments:

Blog Archive