Friday, November 21, 2008
Another note of encouragement out to a friend, and another quick blog.
I just love the effect of using watercolor crayons direct to stamp - and then spritzing the stamp w/ water and applying to card stock. It creates such a soft watercolor effect... very serene. Maybe too serene for the background of this card? Can you see the trees in the distant background on the white card stock layer? Really subtle... I think in person the image looks a bit more distinct.
Anyhow... I'm just loving these colors together right now. So wanted to play around a bit more with the combo and get some use out of my crayons.
Thanks for stopping by to take a gander... does this card inspire you to either go for a walk in a serene setting or move to the stamp area and take in some "stamp therapy" time? Either way - hope it inspires.
Stamp sets: Lovely As A tree and All Holidays
Colors: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Baja Breeze, Real Rust, Close to Cocoa, Naturals White and Old Olive
Other: Cuttlebug / Textile embossing folder, 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, small Niji waterbrush, black stazon ink, stampin' dimensionals, watercolor crayons and water bottle spritzer
at 4:32 AM
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (72)
- KWerner's color inspiration #32
- I got tagged!
- Elegant sympathy
- Watercolor crayons
- another fun Thanksgiving card
- Weekend sketch challenge #66
- Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #42
- KWerner's color inspiration #30 - missed another o...
- Playing with another "new" color combo...
- Thankful for friends and family...
- Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #41
- Baby Girl Shower gift - thank you cards
- Baby Boy Shower gift - thank you cards
- Gift card holder...
- KWerner's color inspiration #28
- My new Spellbinders set...
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2007 (30)