Monday, November 10, 2008

Thankful for friends and family...





Don't you just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these fun leaves from Sizzix/Stampin' Up ?! It took so much restraint to not get up and put them to work at 5 am on Saturday (my first day in a long time to have some stamp time).... oh wait... I DID get up at 5 am to use the die! How funny am I?!

I truly needed some stamp therapy this weekend... my week was the pits. Seriously - the pits. And it did my heart so much good to turn on the music, open the windows (so I could smell the damp air and feel the cool wind on my neck - I just KNEW it was going to rain) and get my hands on some card stock. Seriously - I cannot tell you how much good it did my heart and soul.

And to sit and reflect on who we will be spending Thanksgiving with (family) and who I will get to see over the next few months. To be reflective, like I usually am, I love this time of year. We somehow make time to see those important to us... we eat and laugh and reminisce and share stories and just have a good ol' time.

So I as I sat there and made this version 2 of my Thanksgiving cards my heart was warmed. And the cares of the week wore off for a bit...

I'm so blessed to have stampin' time and the hobby to share with my friends and family.

So, on to the details for my card...

Details, details...
Stamp sets: Seasonal Whimsy and Holidays & Wishes
Colors: Baja Breeze, Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango and Kraft
Other: Crimper tool, Leaves #2 Sizzix die, jumbo eyelets, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain, stampin' dimensionals, and So Saffron ink

No comments: