Sunday, November 9, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #41





Yay - I finally got to participate in another of Taylor’s weekly challenges. It's called a cupcake challenge - but you don't have to use cupcakes from what I understand. (Good - 'cuz I don't have any cupcakes stamps.) However, if I DID have one I could have used it on this card. The first image is her sketch to work off of. The images are my version of this challenge. Whaddayathink?!

My long time friend, Michelle, is celebrating another birthday this week. Wow - she and I have known each other for almost 20 years now! WOWEE!!! So I put the challenge to work with making her birthday card. And I challenged myself with colors I wouldn't normally use together. Would YOU normally use these colors together?! NO! But after seeing this combo will you try it for yourself?

Details, details...
Stamp set: Voila
Colors: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White
Other: Cuttlebug/Swiss dots embossing folder, square scallop punch, stampin' dimensionals, small Niji watercolor brush, Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon, and Stazon black ink

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Hi Lori!

This is a great card! I love this set and it looks great here for this challenge! TFS!

Taylor said...

Sooo cute, Lori! Love it! Thanks for playing the challenge!