Monday, September 29, 2008

Has it been 5 years already?!



Five years ago today - dear hubby and I were off eloping!!! How adventurous of us! And I CANNOT believe 5 years has gone by already! 5 years?!

This week is also both of our birthdays. So, it's a big celebration week ... and I'm ever so excited to share this time w/ my hubby.

Here's the card I made for him... which I just love. And he's such a technically minded guy - where everything needs to be balanced... and I'm curious to see how he responds to this. Let's see if I've successfuly walked the fine line between perfectly balanced and "off" by just a touch with this card. Let's see what he says... I'll keep you posted.

The embossed layer of More Mustard has some extra texture as I colored inside the embossing folder (by simply turning over the ink pad and inking up the top side of the folder) before placing my card stock inside and running it through the Cuttlebug. (Tip: make sure to keep clean the folder right away by running it under water or using a wet wipe - otherwise the plastic stains.)

I may not be around much again this week... our house is in disarray still - but I'm making headway to get it back in order. Will be glad once contractor is done making a mess in my house. Will also be glad to have this work finally done - I've been in this house for 9 years and most of this work has needed to be done for that long. So it's all good. (Except I haven't had much stamp time... I'll live, I guess! But not for much longer... hmph!)

Details, details...
Stamp sets: Lovely as a Tree, Frames & Flourishes and Hugs & Wishes
Colors: More Mustard, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke
Other: Cuttlebug / Textile Texture embossing folder, 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, hemp twine, glossy paper, watercolor crayons (more mustard, close to cocoa and always artichoke), water spray bottle and scallop circle punch

No comments:

Blog Archive