Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Happy Birthday to my Honey!
Today was my Hubby's 38th birthday - wow he's an old man! So, I wanted to make him some cupcakes for his birthday... bring back the child in him. However, I refuse to turn on the oven for an hour worth of baking while it's 93 degrees outside and 85 degrees inside! So, he's going to have to be ok with a card that has a cupcake on it! HA!
No seriously - our a/c unit broke a few weeks back (and is getting fixed tomorrow)... at first we weren't too worried about it as it was the first week of Fall and it was starting to cool down. YAY! Then the last 3 or 4 days here in Southern California have been so blazing hot that I've wanted to just sit on the couch with a fan on me when I get home. Ick!
But on to the recipe for this fun and quick card... Hubby loved it, of course, and asked why the icing was so crunchy on his cupcake! HA!
Stamp set: So Many Scallops
Colors: Baja Breeze, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White
Other: Stampin' Glitter Chunky Sprinkles, scallop circle punch, 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, crimper tool and Cuttlebug / Distressed Stripes embossing folder
at 6:28 PM
- ► 2010 (36)
- ► 2009 (72)
- Happy Birthday to my Honey!
- Has it been 5 years already?!
- Christmas in September!
- Some quick workshop cards...
- Quick wall art...
- Fall is in the air...
- Color Challenge... (WSCC5)
- Happy Fall!
- A Day In the Life of Lori (WSSC#1)
- ONLINE ORDERING WITH STAMPIN' UP!!!
- Decor Elements Phase II is here!!!
- WSC57 - Beate's weekend sketch challenge
- My try at the Pop Up card...
- Late again... but wanted to play...
- Spring loaded card
- Arriving late for a party...
- Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #32
- CC182 and WSC56
- another take on Beate's weekend sketch challenge (...
- TUTORIAL: Designer Calendar
- Happy September!
- ▼ September (21)
- ► 2007 (30)