Thursday, February 28, 2008

Using my Cuttlebug

As I was learning how to use my Cuttlebug I was searching endlessly for a tutorial. Couldn't seem find much help on the intranet (and the store didn't seem to help much either) ... so figured I'd create my own blog entry for it!

Here's my Cuttlebug. I think I'll call her "Cutie"! It just kinda seems natural, eh?





She is made by ProvoCraft. She is compact and folds up and out of the way when not in use. (Plus she doesn't eat or make any noise! It's a great arrangement!)

The package I bought her in provided exactly what I needed to start playing as soon as I got her home. And since she doesn't require batteries - I was all set!

She came with: Spacer block "A", two cutting pads "B", thin die adapter "C", a set of small embossing folders and a set of small dies (and a user's manual of course). I was set! (The embossing folder shown here measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". But the size that came in the package were 2" x 2" - the same size as the small paisley dies shown here.)







Lesson #1 - Let's cut out some pretty pink paisleys! Here you layer block A, cutting pad B, die (foam side up), card stock and another cutting pad B. Then roll it right on through! It's THAT easy!






Second lesson today - using an embossing folder. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE flowers... Here again you layer block A, cutting pad B, embossing folder (with paper inside) and another cutting pad B. Then roll it right on through! Once again, it's THAT easy!





No comments: