Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ribbon storage!

I know it's happened to you like this... so come with me for a brief journey in "DUH!"!

January rolls around... and you know what that means. That 'spring cleaning' feeling kicks in ... and you take a step back and look at things in front of you - and think, "Wow - there's GOT to be a better way to do this!" I'm not talking about any one area of my life in particular... just every thing.

So one weekend I was cleaning my stamp room - have I told you lately how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my stamp room! (Just to be able to have one - I'm so grateful!) And I look at my ribbon collection... all the way over there in the corner of the room - out of reach... and I take a step back and wonder if there's a better place for them so that they are within arm's reach while I'm crafting.

And the light bulb came on. And I said to myself "See that plastic container holding your envelopes?! Hey lady - look at those perfectly sized holes - you can string ribbon through there!!!" Which then led to a thought on how to better organize my envelopes, my brads, my punches, etc... then ensued a tornado in my room... a few hours later I had a clean stamp room... and the PERFECT ribbon storage idea for my table top! Here it is...



OK - so this idea has been in front of me, in plain sight, for several years now. And had I taken a step back earlier and really looked at my options, I may have discovered this earlier. But, no... it took until now. And I'm glad it happened, finally!

1 comment:

UrgentCookie said...

Isn't it wonderful when we find a use for something that has been sitting around and it works perfectly for what we need it? :0)