Saturday, August 21, 2010

a treat box for Halloween!



Need a quick treat box for stashing some treats? This will come together so quickly ... you'll want to make more!



Using a strip of whisper white cardstock, I cut it into a 3" x 8" strip. I scored the strip at 2 1/2", 5" and 7 1/2". This should create 3 panels of equal size and one small panel measuring 1/2".



Stamp your image on the strip of card stock (you can either use a wheel image or a regular image). When using a stamp wheel I have found that by rolling it at a diagonal it helps to hide that I can never (I repeat, NEVER) wheel that thing in a straight line. So, I'll take all the help I can get...







See how nice that turns out?!



Fold at the score lines, apply adhesive to the 1/2" flap and make your triangle treat box.



Move on to the embellishment stage... and have fun.



One more tip... in the way of filling the box with the baggie of goodies:
Turn the treat box on it's end (so the opening is at the top), insert your empty treat baggie into the box and THEN fill your baggie with sweets and tie it closed. (First time I made this the bag was too full to insert into the box. Oops!) This size box will nicely fit 7-8 mini peanut butter cups.





And try not to eat ALL of the peanut butter cups...




No comments: