Friday, August 20, 2010

Fall is in the air...



OK - who am I kidding?! The hot summer weather just hit here in Southern California and I think it's going to stick around for a while. But, I'm sure ready for Fall to be here... and for the cooler evenings!

Check out this fun (fun = easy and quick) project. It's a paper pumpkin!

This is what I started with: Two brads, crop-a-dile, 12 1" x 6" strips of Designer Series Paper and some embellishments.

First step, stack up the DSP (coordinating/various colors or all one design) and punch a hole through each end. Put a brad through both holes.



Bend the paper and start lightly tugging on the top layer and bottom layer of paper - pulling them in opposite directions of each other. Pull the layers of paper to separate them from each other... and you will start to see the form make a ball shape.



Go slowly... it'll happen. I promise. It really IS that easy!



See?!



Now, go to your own personal creative space and make one of your own!



But first, what kind of embellishments are YOU going to use?! I used a leaf stamp, some paper curls, a button, a few round punches (using complementary colors) and some hemp twine.







As I said: fun, fun, fun!!!




Off I go to make some more in different colors to use as a centerpiece for the table... when Fall arrives I can welcome it in colorful style!



1 comment:

Kay said...

Hello pumpkin! This is an adorable project! I also stopped in here to tell you that I gave your SU website to two of my friends (Deanna and Theresa) so if you happen to see orders from strange people, that's why! I love that you are showing HOW to do things on your blog! I joined a brand new swap group, starts Sept 15, so my creativity might soar to the heavens! Speaking of which, the bible says the heavens are sort of an umbrella for the earth (Isaiah 40:22 - He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.) I like knowing that I live in God's tent/umbrella!