Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Playing with watercolor...

A few days ago I got to play with SU's new Presto Patterns Specialty Designer Series Paper! And WOW!!! Did I have fun!

Of the various techniques I use with my stamp craft watercoloring is my favorite. It's therapeutic. It doesn't require many tools. It's conducive to some artistic flair... what else?! The style it creates asks me to keep it simple... and simply is good! I like simple.

Oh yeah... and one more thing, it downright looks P-R-E-T-T-Y!!!




All of SU's DSP is 12" x 12". So I cut the corner designs to fit a square card... and started playing. I set out my watercolor tray and dripped a few drops of ink from the reinker bottles... and found the perfect brush...



When you brush the ink over the decorative patterns on this DSP it simply resists the ink. The patterns are similar to a white embossed image. You could use a brayer to roll ink on to the paper as well... and it would create the same effect.

(But again, why would I use my brayer when I can use my watercolor brush?!)

Here's a close up shot...




And I couldn't resist... I had to play with yet another color.



There are 6 different designs in this DSP packet. This is just one of them. I'll keep playing. Look for some more pictures soon!


No comments: