Sunday, July 18, 2010

Playing with Newsprint, the DSP

One of the first purchases I made from the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog was the Newsprint DSP. I love this stuff... I could sit here and make card after card with it!


(Side note: As I sit here and type, my hubby is talking about how intrigued he is of the way I hit the DELETE key. Apparently I move my hand strangely as I slide the ring finger up to the delete key! This is hysterical! I have now had to hit the delete key several times just in typing this short paragraph! Have I said yet how hysterical this is?!)


Back to the post... I also happen to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new Cherry Cobbler paper! That's my next purchase. All I had was one little piece and this project used it up!




This card uses both Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler card stock as well as the Newsprint DSP. I used StazOn black ink and Encore Silver ink to color the edges of the cardstock layers. Stamp set: Word Play (another first-thing-i-do purchase)






Then we move on to the 2nd card of the day... and yes, I really AM hooked on this Newsprint DSP!



This card uses both Basic Black and Bravo Burgundy card stock as well as the Newsprint DSP. I used StazOn black ink and Encore silver to distress the edges of the cardstock layers and leave behind the "dirty newspaper fingerprints". Pretty ingenius, huh?!





Can't wait to play with more of my "first-thing-i-do" purchases!





No comments: