Saturday, July 26, 2008

Christmas in July swap (WS) AND Faux metal technique



When SU posted a new video for the Faux Metal Technique it was just the inspiration I needed to add that special something to a swap I was working on. The challenge was to make any full Christmas card using any colors EXCEPT SUs Glorious Green! Easy, huh?!

So, I kicked it up a notch and added a few punches. I used SU's crayons directly on the stamp and then misted the image w/ a spray bottle to give a faux watercolor effect. I LOVE this look! I set those aside and let them dry... and in the meantime cut the rest of my layers and started assembling. Then the tree layer was ready for the Merry Christmas stamp and embossing.

Once that was done I worked on the faux metal snowflake. So much fun! If you haven't tried this yet - you really ought to!

Details, details...
Stamp sets: Lovely as a Tree, Seasonal Whimsy, Holiday & Wishes and Print Pattern background
Colors: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Gable Green, Basic Black and Whisper White
Other: Silver embossing powder, Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon, SU Crayons, spray bottle, black craft ink, clear embossing powder and scallop punch

No comments: