Sunday, May 13, 2007

I took the challenge...



Well, I took the challenge. There was a card-making challenge (hosted by a user of SplitCoastStampers) that just looked too good to pass up. If I can remember it and describe it correctly it went something liek this - this card should have contained 3 significant pieces. 1) A rectangular (and upright) card structure. 2) A half-circle figure aligned to the left side of the card. and 3) The last layer being a square/rectangular shape slightly covering half-circle.

Is that clear as mud, or what?!

Well - I took a clue from someone else in making the flower. Since I don't have a large enough circular cutting system of any sort (and since I apparently can't even trace a circle from a small plate or cup rim)... I decided to make a circle shape out of flower petals (using one of my SU! punches).

Details, details...
Stamp sets: Paisley background, Farm Fever
Colors: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Always Artichoke
Accessories: large oval punch, large circle punch

4 comments:

rockfestqueen said...

Love, love, love this card!! Love your new Blog too.
Kaye

Zoey said...

Is this one that you did for the sketch challenge on ~we stamp~? Nice job Lori!
Zoey :)

Suzi said...

Love it! When I got the envelope with the swaps I had to chuckle! Great (?) minds, and all that.
hugs,
Suzi

Soguesswhat11 said...

well of course this is adorable!! I love how you did this, and leave it to you to be ultra-creative! Great job!!!