Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dress it up... it's easy!

This was an idea I saw in a magazine last fall... so I broke out the adhesive and had fun with it...

Here's the necessary supplies... glass candle holder with a flat bottom (no little "feet" on the bottom), adhesive, scissors, felt, decorative cardstock of any kind, circular template and something to draw with...



Step #1... trace your template onto the back of the cardstock.



Step #2 - but since my template wasn't fit perfectly to size, I knew I had to cut just outside the traced line... so, start to cutting...



Step #3 - Use adhesive to attach the card stock to felt. I used glue.



Step #4 - Cut out your two layers of cardstock/felt. This is now ready to be attached to the underside of the candle holder! That's how easy this is...



See how pretty?! How easy?! What a great gift this makes... too bad I didn't finish any for Christmas presents! hmph...



Tip from Lori: next time I make this, I would try to use a thicker cardstock than just scrapbook paper. The glue made the paper warp a little... and while you can't really tell (because it's laying flat, and a candle will be on top of it... ) I would know. So, the next one I make will have a heftier cardstock. I'll post pic when done...



No comments: