Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mix-a-style challenge!

I've given myself a personal challenge - successfully mix strong, bold prints with watercolor/softer images. I decided to start with two of my favorite sets. And here's my logic.... if this mind of mine is drawn to both of these styles - then they HAVE to find a way to fit on paper together! If they fit ok together in my head then let's bring it to life! You tell me... what do you think of this? (Click on image to enlarge, of course.)

I used the markers to ink up the tree set (Old Olive, Certainly Celery and Close to Cocoa). Then I sponged on more color at the top and bottom of the white layer to give depth (Old Olive, River Rock, Certainly Celery and Soft Sky). The bold baroque swirl is stamped w/ Wild Wasabi to match the ribbon.

Now - the reason for this card? I'd like to share that I made this card for my DH. We are in the planning stages of putting our house on the market to sell. I think he's a bit overwhelmed with all of the work at hand. So I wanted to pen some thoughts to him about what's in store for our future... this will be OUR first house. As in, the first house we buy together. I owned the home we currently live in before I met him - so this new adventure, it's a huge dream for us! But I digress...

Details, details...
Stamp sets: Baroque Motifs, Lovely as a Tree and Happy Harmong (retired)
Colors: River Rock, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Basic Brown and Confetti White
Other: Sponge, Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon

1 comment:

Soguesswhat11 said...

now THAT's an interesting challenge, and one that I don't know how I'd handle! I'm impressed, girl! Great card, love the colors, too! Hugz~